Roles & Responsibilities
- Guide and support guests in an experience and opportunity to connect with the Well Crafted mission- this includes sharing the menu, guiding them to food items that merge their food preferences with trying a locally sourced seasonal ingredient, and serving quality food to enjoy and share with others.
- Be a strong part of a smooth service to include fast ticket times, order accuracy, and adherence to standards and recipes.
- Assist in the production tasks based upon prep list or needs, following recipes and posted cooking instructions.
- Utilize proper knowledge and training of safe food handling practices at all times and maintains a clean and sanitary work station
- Follow food service procedures and techniques to ensure quality and consistency, proper utilization of product, and minimize waste
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems and product shortages.
- Opens or closes the kitchen properly following operating procedures & checklists.
- Be an active and communicative member of the team and contribute reflective, creative and constructive feedback.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Be receptive to feedback and coaching
- Demonstrate flexibility in a in a creative, collaborative, always-evolving startup
- A team player and always willing to help others
- Work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Communicate clearly and efficiently with guests and staff
- Able to lift 50 pounds and stand for duration of shift
- Due to working within a Brewery, all team members must be 18 years of age
Work Schedule & Environment:
- Weekday afternoon/evenings and/or Weekends
- Flexible number of hours:
- Part-Time (6- 24 hours per week)
- Full Time (28-32+ hours per week)
- Fast paced, kitchen environment located within a brewery
- For off-site events, outdoor working conditions vary depending on the weather
Compensation & Benefits
- Commensurate with Experience
- Guaranteed $16/hour combined minimum
- $11/hour + tips (typically ranges in an additional $5-10/hour)
- Paid Time Off
- Team Meals
- Paid Training
- Annual bonus & wage adjustments each year
- Union Collective Discounts (including 50% off membership at Movement – formerly known as Earth Treks; as well as 10-40% discount at Vent Coffee Roasters, Baltimore Spirits Company, The Charmery, UNION Craft Brewing, etc.)
Things that some would call perks, but we call them the norm:
- Respectful/Positive work environment
- Schedule known at least 2 weeks in advance
- Team fun events & Opportunities to connect to the local food community (farm tours, etc.)
To apply, please fill out the form below and attach a resume. Qualified candidates will be contacted for in-person interviews.
Given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it is essential that team members are willing to minimize their risk of exposure both on and off of the job. Food service is essential work and we expect everyone on the team to take each other’s health and the safety of our food system seriously.
We encourage ANYONE, no matter your race, gender, age, or religious beliefs, to apply knowing that we are committed to creating an enjoyable, safe working environment, and a better Baltimore. We will review applications as soon as we receive them.